There is a time and place for which there is a time and place.
This is not the time,
nor is it the place, I’m sorry to say.
It is some other time that is not quite a good use of it,
some place that is not quite the point,
and either really could be defined in rather simple and direct terms
if one gave a shit about brevity.
This is not that, though.
It is, however, what one might call
A Complete Waste of Time.
Poetry, Prose, Dramas
(and Other Bits and Pieces)
from “Amoral Crackpot” Steve Arviso.
BITS & PIECES
- People is PeopleGood evening. A previous lapse in this publication has failed to make any notable impact. Those we deemed responsible have already been humanely lobotomized and released back into the public population. We asked several people at the scene of our crime against humanity for their thoughts, and this is what we pretended to hear. “Did […]
- Between the CracksDear Crackpot, Existence is futile and reality is an illusion. Should I quit my job and become a professional balloon animal trainer? — Circus-Bound in Cypress I’m hurt you would think I’d ever say, “No.”
LITTLE SLICES OF DEATH
- The Withered KingFrom atop a throne of skins and skulls,deep in flickering dark,the Withered King held court.Musicians pained. Singers cried.Tattered husks of lovers and fiends dancedat the ends of their ropes.And when the damned couldn’t go on,that’s when the King did feast.
- Thought in a WebWhat does the little spider in my head,crawling in its dust and webs,feasting on odds and ends,have to say for itself?
- There Goes My Nipples AgainA PARKING LOT. NARRATOR: (VOICE-OVER) In a parking lot a short drive away… AN ODDLY DRESSED, BUT RATHER FASHIONABLE WOMAN STRUTS OUT OF A SHOP AND ACROSS THE PARKING LOT. …a woman wearing very little strutted across the parking lot… A VERY STUPID MAN, CUSTOMER, SULKS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION, NOTICES THE WOMAN. …and a […]
- Terry, Please Shut UpA LIVING ROOM. TERRY SCREAMS AND BLEEDS OUT ALL OVER THE CARPETED FLOOR AS PAULENCE AND JENNDA BICKER. NARRATOR: (VOICE-OVER) Aside from the bloodthirsty, flesh-craving ghouls now eager to force their way into their home, it had been an otherwise boring Sunday night until just a few moments ago. Jennda preoccupied herself for most of […]
TALES OF THE WEIRD & STRANGE
- Dougs in SpaceDouglas Anderson never left California in his thirty-seven years of existence. He once traveled as far north as Stockton for a one-week training seminar for a rental car company he worked for while in college. He also visited San Diego on several occasions, though he wasn’t particularly fond of it. (When pressed for a reason […]
- Burger-on-a-StikI was sitting at a table in the food court of an empty mall when the young woman working the Burger-on-a-Stik found herself plucked up into the air and torn in two by a very hungry, but rather rude creature that looked like a cross between a shaved possum and an albino frilled lizard. It […]